Chakra Meditation 9.20.2016
By: Heru Jerome
I hope that all of you are surrounded in light and love… The Fall is starting off AMAZING, enjoy it! The changing leaves, the walks, the breeze… this is a great time to connect with self on a deep and spiritual level. This probably is why many of you have asked me to share some of my meditation techniques. The Chakra Meditation that I perform is something in my arsenal that has allowed me to access tremendous energy, with it I can shift my energy when I am not in the best of places. I like to visualize myself in my sacred space, for me that is a brownstone building that has 7 floors. Each floor is associated with the color, emotions, and feelings of its corresponding chakra. To go floor to floor you must actively rid yourself of the challenges that chakra represents. Sounds confusing, let’s make sense of it!
1st Floor- Root Chakra
Physical Association- Skeletal Structure, teeth, large intestine, kidneys, blood
Upon entering the first floor you notice yourself surrounded in red light. This color is a representation of MULADHARA or our root Chakra. I am sure that you feel the density, red is the densest out of all of the colors in the chakra system. In science red is the slowest of all of the wavelengths, yet it remains visually stimulating. Just like warning signs & stop signs the red chakra commands one to take notice. It can also warn us of danger. When we cut ourselves, we bleed red which is our life-force. Also red is the first color we see growing in the womb.
When we have a balanced root or foundation we naturally can manifest:
• The ability to calm through stillness
• Physical health and stamina
• Healthy blood, organs, tissues, skin
• Healthy body weight
• Energy, vitality, healthy sexual libido
We can also manifest certain challenges when our foundation is not properly rooted. These can include:
• Disconnect with our bodies
• Obesity, health problems that arise
• Laziness, sluggishness, stubbornness, cramps, irritation, issues with fibroids
• Depression, anxiety, over indulgence in sexual behaviors
• Poor spending habits
The root chakra is also the energy of the manifestation of our anger. We all deal with these emotions at one time or another and there is nothing wrong with that. Oftentimes, the issues arise from how we express our emotions. Our fears can make us overspend, be lazy, procrastinate, & become depressed because we direct our energy inwards. We may be overly sexual because we feel that is a distraction from dealing with our emotions.
Take a moment to reflect on how this chakra is currently impacting your life both negative and positive. Are there things that you can adjust and better deal with the be more balanced? Forgive yourself for where you are now, allow those issues to come to the forefront and simply breathe to let them go. This relief gives you access to the 2nd floor and our next Chakra!
WHAT NEGATIVE ASPECTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ROOT CHAKRA CAN WE GET RID OF TO ENTER A BETTER STATE OF PEACE AND BALANCE? ENVISION THOSE ISSUES THAT YOU STRUGGLE WITH AT YOUR ROOT AND SEE YOURSELF ACTIVELY MOVING THROUGH THEM WITH GRACE AND EASE. NOW THE DOORWAY OPENS FOR YOU TO ACCESS THE SECOND FLOOR OF YOUR SANCTUARY TO THE SACRAL CHAKRA.
2nd Floor- Sacral Chakra
Physical Association- Womb, genitals, kidney, bladder
The 2nd, floor is surrounded in Orange light! This color is a representation of Svadhisthana our Sacral Chakra, also known as the creative and sexual chakra. It is located above the pubic bone & below the navel.
Svadhisthana is translated as “the dwelling place of the self.” When we examine this with the understanding that the element of the Sacral Chakra is water we understand that it promotes a since of cohesiveness with who we truly are against the demands of the real world. When we are balanced in this chakra we are able to access emotions of wellness, abundance & pure joy.
Svadhisthana is also located in our pelvic areas, to be more accurate it resides in the gut. Proper balance and trust allows us to work better with those “gut” feelings that we get about things. Orange is a very sensual color and living with a connection to it helps to turn the blandest of things into activities that can provide deep senses of pleasure.
Orange is also associated with gentle nurturing, giving this energy to ourselves and others keeps us on the path of true growth and spiritual development.
Physically the Sacral Chakra relates to the colon, bladder, & gallbladder and is a major part of the digestive cycle.
Balanced use of the Sacral Chakra promotes:
• Stimulated senses
• Enjoyment of life
• Healthy access of emotions and feelings
• Heathy relationships, the ability to relate on a physical and spiritual level
• Deep expression of sexuality and sensual pleasure
• Feeling the inside and outside of the world fearlessly
• Creativity, fantasies, dreams
Imbalances in the Sacral Chakra can manifest as:
• Dependency, or co-dependency with other people or substances or habits that bring quick access to pleasure
• Letting your emotions control, you
• Feeling trapped in a particular mood or pattern
• Lack of sexual desire, dissatisfaction with sex
• Overindulgence in fantasies and sexual obsessions
• Feeling numb, out of touch with emotions
ALLOW YOURSELF A MOMENT TO BE AT BREATH, WHAT NEGATIVE ASPECTS OF AN IMBALANCE OF THE SACRAL CHAKRA CAN YOU WORK ON RIDDING YOURSELF OF? LET THE ENERGY BEGIN IN THE AREA OF THE PUBIC BONE AND NAVAL FEEL IT’S WARMTH ALLOW IT TO TRAVEL UP YOUR SPINE TO YOUR CROWN CHAKRA. NOW YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE THIRD FLOOR YOUR SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA!
3rd Floor- Solar Plexus Chakra
Physical association- Digestive system, liver, gall bladder
Upon entering the third floor you notice that it is surrounded in yellow and gold light! This is the representation of Manipura our 3rd chakra. This Chakra is located between the naval and the solar plexus, and is the core of our personality, identity, and pause wait for it…. our Egos! Balance within this Chakra gives us the ability to truly wield our willpower, and to have a clear perception of who we are within this world. Notice that it is right on top of our Sacral Chakra which is about fun and enjoyment, which can be the foundation to move fearlessly in this world with a true connection to our personal truths, values & who we are.
Moving within this frequency allows us to move with clear action, allowing us to meet challenges with grace to move faster and forward in our lives. The challenges of this Chakra is truly balancing personal power and the ego. Our Egos can be a tremendous blessing, or a great curse depending on how we tame them.
We must consciously harness our personal power and not be victim to it. Have you had outbursts, gone off on people that were or weren’t deserving of it? Can you anticipate what your reactions to life circumstances are, are your reactions that of love & light or an expression of inner stress and disappointment? Realize that the center of the Solar Plexus Chakra is also your self-esteem. Self-love and acceptance are the tools that allow us to not be victims but to continue forward on our paths learning from life’s lessons.
Manipura translates to “lustrous gem” balance within these energies grants:
• Clear direction of goals in life
• Proper discipline to achieve those goals
• Healthy view of self-esteem how you see yourself which allows you to understand how to see yourself in the world
• Accomplishment, day to day not feeling like chores, moving through things without procrastination
• Life’s challenges will wash over you, with the understanding that they are merely tests on your path
• Discipline of the ego
Imbalance within these energies can promote:
• Laziness, Stubbornness, Ignorance
• Poor self-esteem and the unhealthy habits that come from that poor diet, sleep habits, skin problems, anxiety
• Unnecessary fear, the feeling of being stuck and not moving ahead
• Not being able to truly be happy for others out of jealousness and frustrations because of comparison of where they are vs. where you are
• Relationships that are not based on truth, but rather superficial things
• The feeling that the outward appearance of having certain material things makes the inside okay and healthy
WHAT NEGATIVE ASPECTS OF THESE ENERGIES CAN YOU RID YOURSELF OF? HOW CAN WORKING ON THESE IMBALANCES WITH PROPER BALANCE & CONCENTRATION ALLOW YOU TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE? PAUSE AND BE AT BREATH YOU NOW HAVE ACCESS TO THE 4TH FLOOR, THE HEART CHAKRA.
4th Floor- Heart Chakra
Physical association- Heart, lungs, circulatory system, arms, hands
Upon entering the 4th floor you notice that it is bathed in green light. This is the representation of Anahata, the 4th Chakra. Joy, compassion, warmth, and love are the center of this Chakra which is located in the center of our chests at the heart level. The Heart Chakra moves love through our lives. It is the center of our kindness, compassion, connection with people and things, self-love, respect for self & others, & our generosity.
This Chakra, the unifying Chakra, brings completeness and the feeling of being one with self. The Heart Chakra is our healing center, love heals everything! The energy of Anahata also teaches us that we aren’t alone. It reminds us that we are in a global community and makes us feel attachment and belonging to something that is bigger than ourselves. We are all interconnected through complicated webs and the heart chakra reminds the loneliest of us of those strings that tie us all.
It is important to remember to walk this world on the path of love. Love yourself, love those who have created you, love those who you have yet to meet. Have compassion & understanding through the knowledge that our differences are actually what make us the same. Living this way will inspire compassion & love in the coldest of hearts. All of the Chakras are important, however this one is the KEY. It unlocks doors and manifests miracles.
Benefits to an open heart Chakra:
• Ability to give and receive love on all levels
• Deep respect and honor for self through self-love
• Compassion and generosity
• The ability to give without the need to receive in return
• Being able to move quickly through your mistakes, because of a deep knowing of self
• Ability to express your feelings in a mature & healthy way
Symptoms of a Blocked Heart Chakra:
• Anxiety and shyness
• Being very picky, overly critical of self and those around you
• Feeling constricted, all freedom and hope lost
• Holding grudges for years to come
• Inability to give and receive, thinking that everyone wants something from you
• Suspicion and fear, letting these ruin new and existing friendships and relationships
WHAT NEGATIVE ASPECTS OF HAVING A BLOCKED HEART CHAKRA HAVE HELD YOU BACK? HOW MANY GIFTS COULD YOU HAVE ENTERED INTO, BUT FEAR AND SELF DOUBT KEPT YOU AT ARMS LENGTH. HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE YOU STILL ANGRY AT FROM THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED YEARS AGO, OR EVEN IN PAST LIFETIMES? DO YOU TRULY LOVE AND HONOR SELF AND TREAT YOURSELF AS SUCH, ARE YOU ON THE PATH TO GETTING THERE? PAUSE AND BE AT BREATH AND UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN BETTER WORK IN THESE ENERGIES, FORGIVE YOURSELF AND BE PATIENT. YOU NOW HAVE ACCESS TO THE 5TH FLOOR, THE THROAT CHAKRA.
5TH Floor- Throat Chakra
Physical Association- Throat, ears, mouth, shoulders, and neck
Upon entering the 5th floor, you notice that it is bathed in blue light. This is a representation of Visuddha our Throat Chakra. We must live authentically, in our truest form always shining our light. The Throat Chakra helps us to move within this energy genuinely. The Visuddha is the first of the higher spiritual chakras. It is located in the region of the neck and shoulders and has the beautiful color of blue. It is important to always speak your truth, proper use of this chakra allows you to do so.
The frequency of this Chakra allows us to look further, behind, beyond and through things to get to the heart of the truth in matters. This goes beyond our cultural and family conditioning, and speaks to our souls that reveal who we really are.
So with all of this talk, and the challenges of the world and our peers you can imagine that this Chakra presents many challenges associated with self-doubt and negative thinking. This is when it is important to truly connect with yourself on a spiritual level through meditation. The key is to start to put yourself in a place where you are able to verify what you know to be true through the experiences that you have in your life. Everything happens for a reason and has its purpose, once we reach that realization fear & doubt are removed. Stand up for who you are, and what you know to be true. Respect your ideas and understand that your energy is like a fingerprint unique only to you. Everything that is around you from the time you come here to when you leave and head to the next all comes together like puzzle pieces to build the uniqueness that is you.
Move through life with a sense of integrity and honor, be what you dare. All of this is rooted in our Throat Chakras.
Benefits of an Open Throat Chakra:
• Plethora of creative ideas and thoughts
• Personal sense of integrity and grace
• Freedom and courage to be who you are and express that
• An open mind to new ideas
• Questioning what you see before you, delving for your own answers
• The ability to hear what others are truly saying between their words
• People taking notice to you, what you say, either being mystified or totally put-off
Symptoms of a blocked Throat Chakra:
• Feeling like you are not heard or seen, feeling misunderstood like your words have no weight
• Communication barriers with yourself and those around you
• Feeling like you can’t intelligently articulate your thoughts
• Arguments with those closest to you about small things that do not impact the bigger picture
• Fear of speaking up for yourself at your job, in your relationships
• Keeping secrets from those closest to you for fear of not being accepted
• Not saying what you feel because you want to be polite and not offend
• Difficulties learning a new language
WHAT ASPECTS OF HAVING A BLOCKED THROAT CHAKRA HAVE HELD YOU BACK? HOW HAS THIS FEAR KEPT YOU FROM BLOSSOMING INTO WHO YOU TRULY ARE? ENVISION YOURSELF WALKING IN YOUR LIGHT, FREE FROM JUDGEMENT FROM OTHERS BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY OF SELF. YOU ARE A DIVINE BEING MADE IN GOD’S IMAGE, KNOW THAT YOU ARE HERE TO SHINE YOUR LIGHT. LET IT SHINE! YOU NOW HAVE ACCESS TO THE 6TH FLOOR, THE 3RD EYE CHAKRA.
6th Floor- 3rd Eye Chakra
Element- All elements combined, light
Physical Association- Eyes, base of skull, brow
Upon entering the 6th floor you notice that it is bathed in Indigo light. This is a representation of Ajna, our 3rd Eye Chakra. This chakra is located in the brain, just at the brow & above the base of the nose. This grants us the ability to truly see, both internally and externally. Prayer, and meditation help to relax us and make our thoughts clear so we can really hear ourselves. The 3rd Eye Chakra really helps us in this cause. This energy center helps us to experience clear thought, and to connect with ourselves & others on a spiritual level through true contemplation of self, due to self-reflection.
That inner voice inside of you is your conscious speaking to you, the third eye chakra allows us to connect with this voice on a very deep level. We can clearly cut through the screen door that blurs the truth to see what we know inherently to be true for ourselves. We can become witness, and see things as observers carefully working through events to establish truth and codes that we live by.
To really work in this sort of energy it is important to rid yourself of self-limiting ideas and allow yourself to develop the wisdom from knowledge that only comes from looking at things past the duality of what you have been taught of what is good or bad, or black or white. You start to truly understand the concept of MAAT from Egypt and the balance that comes with everything. You can see the middle ground much easier to find the proper answers for yourself without much care of the opinions of others because you are wise enough to understand those can be limiting.
We are naturally light and dark, masculine and feminine. This is supported by the Cobra and Vulture on the brow of a Pharos’s crown The Cobra or Ujadt representing the feminine side of our brains and the Vulture or Nekhebhet representing the masculine sides of us. Proper balance of the 3rd eye chakra sees both of these sides operating in complete symmetry. Our system of justice and ethics are birthed from the 3rd Eye Chakra, because it allows us to question and understand what things truly mean.
Benefits of an open 3rd Eye Chakra:
• Deep connection to self, trusting self, truly being able to rely on self
• Open communication with the inner voice, letting it guide you to what is true
• Both sides of the brain working in complete symmetry
• Balance in relationships
• No longer sweating the small stuff because you see the bigger picture
• Truly understanding your purpose and why you are here
• Foresight, psychic abilities, anticipation of events
• Negative energy washing over you like you are wearing an egg shell
Symptoms of a blocked 3rd Eye Chakra:
• Not trusting self
• Closemindedness accepting what is put in front of you, not having the courage to delve for the truth
• Blocked thoughts, not being able to think or see clearly
• Total disconnect of both sides of the brain, feeling stuck in patterns for decades doing new things with the same old approach
• Anxiety, and worry
• Disconnection with the spiritual realm, believing what is in front of you is all there is
• Insomnia, depression, bad dreams, migraines, high blood pressure, thyroid problems
WHAT CAN YOU RID YOURSELF OF TO TRULY FEEL FREE? WHAT BLOCKAGES HAVE YOU PLACED ON YOURSELF THAT HINDER YOU FROM CONNECTING TO YOUR INNER VOICE? WHEN IS THE LAST THAT YOU CHALLENGED WHAT IS PUT BEFORE YOU? DO YOU ACCEPT THINGS AS TRUTH EVEN THOUGH YOUR SUBCONCIOUS MIND PUSHES AND PULLS AGAINST? HAVE YOU TURNED OFF THAT VOICE COMPLETELY, WOULD YOU LIKE TO GET REACQUAINTED WITH IT? TAKE A MOMENT AND BE AT BREATH, LET GO OF ALL LIMITATIONS FORGIVE YOURSELF AND THOSE AROUND YOU. YOU ARE NOW ON THE LAST FLOOR, THE 7TH THAT OF YOUR CROWN CHAKRA.
7th Floor- Crown Chakra
Color- Violet or White
Physical Association- Central nervous system, cerebral cortex
Upon entering the 7th floor, the last of our chakras you notice that it is bathed in violet & white light this represents Sahasrana our Crown Chakra. This chakra is the top of our crowns, and at the very top of the Chakra ladder. It’s our connection to the universe and the Divine. When connected with it we truly experience Unity and understand that everything is connected on a spiritual level. When we walk in the light of the Crown Chakra we have the knowing of oneness and feel a natural connection with everything and everyone.
The Crown Chakra grants us with the natural ability to experience the oneness in everything. It is our link to understanding that everything is connected by tiny threads. Vibrating in this frequency allows us to experience the serenity, pleasure and joy in life. You have a deep understanding that even within the most chaotic of things there is an order that frames our existence.
This chakra encourages us to go beyond the limits of our egos and partake in a more global approach and sense of connection in our thinking, movements & decisions. Many studies state that the Crown Chakra is both the receiver and giver of energy, receiving energy to sustain life and giving back that energy that becomes part of the “collective pool of consciousness.” This is the crossroads where timelessness presents itself and where death and eternal life meet.
Benefits to an open Crown Chakra:
• Moving beyond the ego
• Understanding the interconnectedness of life
• Being able to connect the tiny lines and see the bigger picture
• Feelings of grounding, oneness, being at complete peace
• Connection to a higher power, not just your own
• Fearlessness, faith & gratitude
Symptoms of a blocked Crown Chakra:
• Loneliness, despair, isolation, inability to connect with others on a deeper level
• Feeling a spiritual disconnect
• Inability to find one’s purpose and direction in life
• Insomnia, depression, procrastination
• Negative outlook on life
YOU ARE ONE WITH LIFE; YOU ARE MOVING IN THE DIRECTION THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO. ANYTHING NEGATIVE THAT HAPPENS ARE MERELY TEST DRIVES TO TRAIN YOUR SOUL TO VIBRATE ON A HIGHER FREQUENCY. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT OUR DIFFERENCES ARE ACTUALLY WHAT MAKE US THE SAME. ALL NEGATIVITY WASHES OVER YOU, BECAUSE YOU ARE AT PURPOSE AND ARE FULLY PROTECTED. YOU ALWAYS WILL MOVE WITHIN YOUR LIGHT, EVEN WHEN THINGS ARE DIM.